/** 09.10.2020 V.Vest - Trying to fix load time issues */ History - Powers Oil and Propane link rel="preload" href=“https://powersoilandpropane.com/wp-content/themes/Divi/core/admin/fonts/modules.ttf" as="font"

Our History

To exemplify a business built by and under the authority of God

 

Psalm 127:1 “Unless the Lord build the house, its builder labors in vain.”

Powers Oil and Propane is owned and operated by Scott and Toni Powers of Alliance, Ohio. The business is deeply rooted in it’s connection to customers and community dating back to 1952 when when Toni’s grandfather, Jay Haynam brought his son, Jerry Haynum and son-in-law Art Beltz into the business in the ’70’s. Jerry eventually left the business, leaving Art Beltz the sole owner until passing along the family tradition to his son-in-law Scott Powers. Art started teaching his daughter Toni about the business at an early age, including the importance of customer service and community.

In 2005, the company became an independent fuel oil company referred to as Powers Oil Company Ltd. Since 2005, the company has continued to grow steadily. In December of 2015, the propane product line was initiated and the company began doing business as Powers Oil and Propane.

Since then, Powers Oil and Propane has expanded itself into our new location located at 1681 W. Main St. in Alliance. In the summer of 2017, we opened our retail store open to the public with offerings including propane fills, off road and on road diesel, ethanol free gas, VP racing gas, lubricants and more. As the company continues to change and evolve, it’s third generation key values of faith, family, community and hard work will never change.